Technical Support Engineer
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for learning Toku’s Voice and SMS Platform from front to back and delivering detailed knowledge and expertise to Toku’s diverse customer base.
Speaking directly to clients over the phone, in chat, email, and through webinars will be everyday tasks. Other duties include working with the Success and Onboarding teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
Tenacity, ownership, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing, exciting software environment are the key skills needed to excel in this position. If making an impact every day is important to you, and you enjoy tackling new challenges, you will love working at Toku. High-performing individuals will be expected and encouraged to take on leadership and management roles as the company grows.
This role can be performed remotely.
- Taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Manage and prioritize technical tickets to meet agreed target resolution times
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Make follow-up calls to customers on escalated technical issues and system status updates
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time and provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Use trouble-shooting skills, advanced diagnostic tools, and experience to resolve issues
- Follow up with customers to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document all issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Provide a professional and courteous customer service experience and utilize interpersonal skills to build strong relationships
- Document issues by creating and/or contributing technical content to the knowledge base of the company
- Enhance procedures and policy documents for functions within the Technical Support Team
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the internal technical team
(Don't be scared by the long list of requirements. We are aware that we are hard to please. Each of us in the team wears many hats, but we were not born with all those skills, we learnt them! Which also means that we are aware you might have some gaps to fill)
- Degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering
- 2+ years Engineering or Operations experience within the telecommunications/technical industry
- Experience of VoIP, SIP, SMS would be desirable
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, familiar with packet capture tools i.e. Wireshark
- Strong ability to analyse log files and then follow the troubleshooting path to resolve faults, network communication flows
- Experience with multiple encryption protocols (TLS/SSL, IPSEC)
- Experience in Shell script, Perl, network monitoring tools
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, come join us!